Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Spoon Full of Sugar...

To all the Susie Homemakers out there perfecting the art of folding laundry, baking cakes, dusting furniture, recycling, curling your hair, while putting on a roast - I salute you.

My story contains a large lack of the previously mentioned, while containing a few hilarious and comedic failed attempts at such endeavors. Most of which end with a giggling husband, a tear-filled glare, and a vow to 'never try that again,' but there are however, beacons of hope, moments that shine like the china in Martha Stewart's jail cell, and one of those moments occurred patriotically this past Memorial Day weekend.

I, Tamatha, read a recipe, referred to wikipedia only twice for profoundly accurate definitions of tools unbeknownst to me that were mentioned in the recipe, purchased ingredients while making only one phone call to my mother, whom is to blame for my lack of culinary knowledge and memory of Pizza Hut's telephone number, and -- you ready for it?-- baked cupcakes! O, what little a quest you say. Nay. This was quite a feat actually. They were S'MORES Cupcakes, complete with kitchen torch touchups and a strategically placed Hershey's Bar on top. And ladies and gent...(let's be serious, ha) ladies - they turned out perfect...ish! Betty Crocker tipped her bonnet to me ladies. It was seriously, one of my top three proudest moments of my life to date............ how pathetically true.... See for yourself!


So. Cooking - on my list of things I'm going in the right direction in. Laundry... you're next. Bwah ha ha....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thirty, Not Flirty, & Crying

I needed some time to fully process what took place last week. It was a sad and traumatic experience that I had MONTHS to prepare for. It ra...