Friday, January 20, 2012

The Wheels on the Rusted Bus...

Our humble home will soon be filled with homework, our fridge covered in report cards, and our nights filled with research papers!

No, we're not adopting a child or housing a foreign exchange student. No, we're not moving in with our parents (again). Nope. I am proud to say that my husband, who hasn't been in a classroom since 2004, is enrolled for the Spring Semester at one of our local Colleges!

The wheels on the school bus are turning again! Just not as easily or quickly as they used to when we were young pups. But he has hopped on that bus for the first time since graduating High School, and his smiling face showing me his class schedule was too adorable to not melt with pride. My 'lil ole man is going to college! Now, we're not "old" by any means (yet), and my teasing is just that, teasing. However, he didn't help matters by stating, after the big smiles and Adam Sandler/Billy Madison impressions and singing of "Back to Schhhewl" faded, that, "Oh dang...I'm going to be in a class of 18 year olds...". When our laughter subsided, I started thinking about this new chapter!

What's it going to be like to send him off to school twice a week and not work? What's it going to be like when he's craming for finals in the midst of craming for bills to be paid? What's are we going to do when he can't go play on date night because he hasn't finished his homework? Ha ha! This non-traditional lifestyle that we're embarking on may have a lot of questions, but I'm excited and ready for whatever comes our way. I'm fairly certain I should brush up on my college algebra though... I see this being a team effort in lots of ways ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thirty, Not Flirty, & Crying

I needed some time to fully process what took place last week. It was a sad and traumatic experience that I had MONTHS to prepare for. It ra...