Monday, January 9, 2012

The Aunts Go Marching 2 by 2...

One week ago today my sweet step-sister was admitted into the hospital because the bouncing baby boy inside her belly was really anxious to meet his Aunt-T! That'd be me :) And even though he appeared anxious, it wasn't until the following evening that we actually met, but that's okay, it's just because I've already taught him to be fashionably late ;)

When I saw his sweet little face for the first time through the nursery room glass, it was quite possibly the first time I've actually been the definition of speechless! Seriously! I could form no words, not even a noise. My husband thought something was wrong! It's never happened before! No witty comments, no strange coo'ing noise, not even a song! I stood completely speechless, gazing teary eyed at this beautiful, perfect, tiny human that just entered our lives.

My step-mom said it perfectly, "how can you not believe in a God when you see something like that?" For real! To know that for 9 months a baby is constructed perfectly, with everything it needs to take it's first breath, to move and learn and walk, and live for decades! Amazing! And people honestly view that as coincidence?? Riiight. I'm totally down with a poof and a bang being able to form life as meticulous as that. *rolls eyes*

The really cool thing, is that I get to do it again in 6 months! My beautiful sister-in-law is expecting too! And that means I get to be an aunt TWICE this year, be jealous. So to see the product of what's cooking up in her belly is just awesome.

I pray that I can be the aunt that I had growing up. The person to call and cry to when their parents are uncool, the person they want to hang out with and go shopping with, and dress like (ha ha). The person with open doors and open arms for whatever comes. The person that can make them laugh until their ribs are sore that they can't wait to see again. The person to introduce them to "old" movies and "classic" music (sadly being Lion King and N'Sync). The person that is there at every school play, band concert, and piano recital. *Insert girly sigh* I want to be that aunt. I was blessed with aunts like this. And as I've grown, the relationships have changed, as so many do. I still cherish each memory and the ones we're still making, and I can only pray that I can be as great as they were.

Little Eli, you are soooo very loved. And little unborn peanut, so are you! This aunt is so excited for the new title and responsibility. Zoo trips, picnics, baseball games, coloring books, mud pies, kites, candy, aaahhh, this is going to be good :)

2 comments:

  1. You will be an amazing Aunt!! As a matter of fact, you already are!! They will both love you so much! Thanks for being here this past week for us! Your help and generosity has been wonderful! Thank you and we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so sweet! we love you aunt-T

    ReplyDelete

Thirty, Not Flirty, & Crying

I needed some time to fully process what took place last week. It was a sad and traumatic experience that I had MONTHS to prepare for. It ra...