Thursday, February 5, 2015

Tamatha, the Annual Blogger

Well. I lied. My hiatus was not an irregular occurrence. Life whips and turns and juggles me around, and I find myself on the other side of a year finally finding time to sit at a computer...again. Apparently I am a once-a-year blogger. So I better make this one good. ;)

My sitcom life in the RV didn't last TOO long. My roommates and pup did a great job in the blessing we called home, and although it was cold most nights, smelled like a boys locker room much of the time, and all showering and restroom-ing took place half a mile away in a 'club room' - it really could have been worse. I passed my test and became a licensed in insurance. I started a fantastic and fast-paced job with wonderful people and learned a lot about myself (most of which included tear-filled prayers about why customers are so mean). I also got real cozy with a 45 minute one-way commute, that I despised more than the boys' locker room smell in my temporary home. Houston traffic is no exaggeration. After about 6 weeks, we found a home that didn't have to be hooked up, with lots of room. We added a furry family member, and named him after a dinosaur (naturally). THEN something amazing happened. I received an email out of the blue one day, inquiring about an old resume found online from my pre-move-job-search days! Who found this you ask? None other than the big 'ole Baptist church I drove by LITERALLY everyday - in walking distance of our home! After a couple interviews, a Mexico vacation, and an answered prayer I was offered the job as a ministry assistant for one of the largest churches in the area!

It's been wonderful!

Not without bouts of homesickness. Not without quarks. Not without lengthy tear-filled calls to my family. Not without hiccups. But no adventure is.

What have I learned this year?

I've learned how to trust beyond the borders I'm used to, and every moment was terrifying.
I've learned that long commutes let you catch up with old friends and family you don't see much anymore.
I've learned that time with family is never to be taken for granted or wasted.
I've learned that church families are vital to growth and the one I had back home has been irreplaceable.
I've learned that little sisters are best friends you can't ever get enough of.
I've learned how to make healthy choices to extend my life - but pizza and sweet tea will always get in the way.
I've learned that our ability to swim and not sink involves obedience and favor from God.
I've learned that my husband is my very best friend, and there's no body on this planet that gets me the way he does.

This adventure has only begun. I'm not going to promise to frequent this blog for your entertainment each week, but I will promise that as God leads me - I will impart the ugly truth and hilarious lessons the next year hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thirty, Not Flirty, & Crying

I needed some time to fully process what took place last week. It was a sad and traumatic experience that I had MONTHS to prepare for. It ra...