Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Our Big Move: The Pilot

This Feasible Fairytale of mine has certainly taken a hiatus from the blogger-sphere, but it has NOT been uneventful. Let's just say, after 3.5 grueling months of living out of suitcases 300 miles apart, my husband and I are just one week away from a reunion away from the home I have known for twenty-er-five years (I'm going to be 25 forever I've just now decided) and embarking on a journey truly into the unknown.

We're outta here.

Now there are moments that this notion is equated with applause and celebration - like when I take up knitting on a Friday night as a form of entertainment... not a proud moment for a young pup like myself.  I've done everything there is to do in this sweet little town, and as much as I love frequenting the local Target and Cinema, the 45 minute drive to the beach and endless festivals and concerts that await are a bit more applause worthy... and they don't make me feel ninety ...or twelve.

Then there are moments that cause nausea, sleepless nights, night sweats, and thought spaghetti {"thought spa|ghet|ti":// noun, referring to the female epidemic occurring when thoughts before bed string on to other thoughts, which lead to other thoughts, which occasionally cross previous thoughts, much like the appearance of a plate of spaghetti... duh} - much like the night that has evoked this entry. The What If Monster lurks around every corner, and although the appealing entertainment bait soothes it for a moment, the What If's tend to win on nights like these, and I feel very much like curling up into a giant ball of knitting yarn, rewind, and never think of leaving.

It's not like I have anything to think about though. The cramming and studying AFTER working a full day's work is nothing. And the pressure of HAVING to study to obtain a required certification for the job I have been offered to proceed with hiring me is no big deal. And the reality of moving into a temporary home with two grown men and a dog is nothing really. Yes two men, it's a long story, but no, I do not have brother-husbands, although this adventure could certainly contain enough entertainment to rival such a fabulous idea for a tv show - and guess what - moving into a temporary home with two grown men was NOT the punch line here people, it gets better! The temporary home I speak of is.... a 26 foot RV that has been loaned to us temporarily... yep. A recreational vehicle. That folks, will be the site of my first leg of this adventure. See, aren't you glad this blog is back? Combine those things with the gut wrenching goodbyes I have to look forward to this week, the loss of a relative today, the preparation for my departure at my current workplace, the piles of laundry needing to be cleaned and packed into a bag (yes, laundry will forever haunt me), the nagging thought of having to shave my legs regularly again once I'm back with my hubby (don't judge me, it's been glorious), and the inevitable late start I'm going to have tomorrow morning from staying up so late tonight, and you have the makings of a panic attack in the works and a pretty interesting blog series... or a hit tv show... or the script to another Hunger Games sequel.

So get ready people. This Feasible Fairy Tale is hitting the road... only to park... at an RV park... with a dog.. and two men... and the classifieds... and a dose of hilarity that you'll only find here.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thirty, Not Flirty, & Crying

I needed some time to fully process what took place last week. It was a sad and traumatic experience that I had MONTHS to prepare for. It ra...