Monday, August 15, 2011

Mission: Friend-cation

Okay, so out of refusal to be "that girl" that posts on the world wide web rants that involve real people, I'd like to carefully phrase today's entry in the form of a question, and replies are, of course, welcome.

Note: The parties involved are still loved and respected, if said parties are reading this, please do not take offense and know that we love you guys dearly - we can all agree that this question is a good one.

Let me preface: You see, my sitcom life had one of those days that would quite possibly win a daytime Emmy this past weekend. It started with the phrase that ASKS for trouble: "Let's do something spontaneous this weekend..." *Dum Dum DUUUUUUUMMMM* Sigh. Yes. Silly me planned a "spontaneous" outing to the river this past weekend. Spontaneous trips are mine and my husband's forte, we once thought a "2.5 hour trip to Wichita Falls" would be fun... on my husband's new CROTCH ROCKET..... 4.5 hours, 3 mental breakdowns, 1 tear stained helmet, and 1 very unhappy big-butted wife later we completed our mission - still married! Ha! So we know how to survive a roadtrip together. Now, here's where it gets complicated. This trip to the river we thought would be best spent with another couple, some GREAT friends of ours that we love and appreciate so much. I will say no more other than we never made it to the river and that I gave tacky and awkward whole new meanings. Now, here's the question: Is it a good idea to vacation with good friends?

Again, please answer, and feel free to add your own experiences, just don't be "that girl" - ha ha!


1 comment:

  1. hmmm... I think if everyone has clear expectations and will not want to pull the group to their every whim.. it would be fun... Maybe taking two vehicles so that if their is a split decision it's no big deal... and i would def vaca with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thirty, Not Flirty, & Crying

I needed some time to fully process what took place last week. It was a sad and traumatic experience that I had MONTHS to prepare for. It ra...